2.16.2004

valentine's day (really rough)
trance. tired. on feet. people surrounding.
if i fell i would have been caught.
two girls sitting. she brushed her hair with her fingers.
braids and skirts. me staring.
flash to story time in grade school
"play with my hair" i would ask.
light shon on them and she swayed her head.
hair tangled within palms.
to my left she tuned her guitar.
in heels with diamonds hanging from her neck.
she made me nervous with her confidence
she made me want to be her with that voice.
bent over. i could almost see down her shirt.
to my right they kissed.
one of those couples that you can't help but stare at.
how two people so beautiful could have ended up together
she kissed her and i watched.
i smiled and thought about how nice it is when there is a succession of moments that seem to make perfect sense. i tried to capture it all to write it down later. i know i didn't do a good enough job.