2.10.2004

o man
twenty. half way to 40. a third of the way to 60. im not a teenager anymore. and thank god for that. my teens were what they should have been. i did everything i could have wanted to do and more. i had drunken park nights. i had crushes and insecurities. i counted stars. i wrote shitty poetry. i hated my parents. i pierced myself. i dyed my hair. i made friends and lost them. etc., etc... i learned what i wanted to be.

twenty. sure, i dont have it all figured out. sure, i still have the tits of a 13 year old. sure, i still feel angsty. i'm still counting stars and writing shitty poetry. i am still piercing myself and dying my hair. and i hope to spend more drunken nights in the park. but the point is... more than ever before, i like who i am. i like what i do. and i dont think ive felt this confident before. (ok, i have lapses... but still... everyone's allowed a lapse once in a while)

twenty. its the beginning of a new decade in my life. and i've always been a sucker for a fresh start.

twenty. its me knowing what i want. im at a point in my life where, perhaps more than ever before, i know what i want. this is what i want. im all about the means. im not afraid of the path. ive kind of stopped looking up. im driving with my eyes on the ground right infront of me. this is the road i picked and i damn well don't want to miss it by looking out over the horizon. and maybe im naive... but im twenty. and if i can be naive about certain things... im damn well proud of myself.

twenty is a pretty word the more i look at it. like whisper. or pantry. or even kooky.

twenty is hot.