4.25.2004

the countryside is overgrown
first. i had a feel of home today. just an imaginary taste. not a memory, or a specific place... just a feeling of comfort rushed over me. and i felt home. the familiarity. i felt my place there. comfort in knowing its still there. and i am dreadfully looking forward to wrapping myself up in its blankets for awhile. i miss scarborough. and the corner movie store where the woman knows our family so well. yet, she has trouble recognizing me from one day to the next. she always tells me how different i look each time i walk in the door. i think i like that about her.

second. i think it has been awhile since i have had a captive audience. someone genuinely interested and intrigued with what i had to say. the kind of attention that it seems we give each other so little of. maybe i haven't been giving anyone that kind of genuine attention in awhile either.

third. my headache won't go away. and i dont think i can take many more days of this tormenting pounding intense hurting distracting tiresome consuming... you get the picture.