8.07.2004

please tell me that's a joke
so i'm working EIGHT closing shifts in a row... and then its off to the cottage... i am going to need that vacation... i also need to break it to my boss that im leaving for montreal in a couple weeks. o man... school starts a week earlier than i thought... which means summer really is coming to a close. and all i want to do is sit in a park with some cheap wine and cigarettes. i almost went for a walk tonight/this morning to an old drinking place... but then i got lazy. i miss a lot of things... and i've been trying to do some thinking... but i get too overwhelmed. plus, i can feel the back-to-school stress coming on... i feel horrible quitting this job. the people are wonderful and the job is pretty cool too. im actually happy there. and they seem to like me... which is nice. im rambling and sipping my beer so bear with me. and i have so much to do before i leave toronto. is it going to be this hard to leave every year? because maybe im not strong enough to keep doing this. and man do i have to clean my room. there's lots on my mind, and there's knots in my stomach... i knew august was going to be hard. this is an emotional time.

so come sit in a park with me. and we'll run around barefoot, spilling wine and not caring. you can push me on the swings and i'll throw my head back and laugh at the moon. you can watch me and i will pretend that i don't notice. and i will watch you and you will pretend that you don't notice. that's all i want.