3.28.2005

the scientist
rainy morning... dark in the apartment

come up to meet you
tell you i'm sorry
we both know how lovely you are...


you're not even human to me anymore. you've becomes something in my mind that i'm sure doesn't even match up to the real you anymore. the real you. how can i say something like that... i have no idea who the real you is. all i have are pieces.

...i've set you apart
tell me your secrets
ask me your questions
o lets go back to the start


there has never been a... what if things had been different. i never asked those kinds of questions. really though, i don't think i ever focus on those questions.

i was just guessing at numbers and figures
pulling your puzzles apart
questions of science, science and progress
do not speak as loud as my heart


i just want to finish school and start working again. have days at the beach. find a new inspiration. you've been good. i've written a lot because of you. but i'm ready for someone real.

i had a dream that i was running away to india. i forgot my toothbrush. i only had canadian money. i didn't pack any socks or underwear. but i was going.