4.11.2005

my current favourite
and if you don't love me,
let me go...
and i am a writer, writer of fictions
i am the heart that you call home
and i've written pages upon pages
trying to rid you from my bones.

- the deceberists, the engine driver

i love that verse. except... i have to say... "i am the heart that you call home" always sort of makes me cringe. i'm not such a fan of the heart as a home metaphor... never have been, never will be. its too cheese.

so the final countdown has begun. 3 more days of class... 1 more paper... 3 exams. less than two weeks until the new york city roadtrip.

i've been filling my days with outdoor jogs, quality time on my balcony, early mornings, coffee shops, movie nights, really unhealthy dinners (i.e. chips, ice cream, cake), studying, and some stressing. i love the feeling of winding down... of muscles untensing... of "lasts"... last papers, last classes... i'm just not entirely sure i'm ready to leave.