1.28.2005

soft male voices
sometimes i need the sparklehorse... the elliot smith... iron and wine... the kings of convenience... and the sufjan stevens. sometimes i need the whispering voices of male singers that sound like they are lacking in the testosterone department. i like to imagine their faces all pained while they try to hold the soft, whispy singing voice. sometimes i like to feel like they are lying beside me in bed, sharing a pillow with me... singing softly in my ear. sometimes.

other times, i want to shoot them in the face for sounding so soft. sometimes i prefer nick cave. sometimes pulp. smog. arab strap. cinerama. the national. something harsh. something deeper. like a slap in the face. i want to hear a voice that doesn't try so hard. bold. brash. he's not whispering into my ear, i'm naked in bed and he's standing over me with a cigarette. wearing my slippers.

i had a point to this. o yes. tonight, i feel like curling up infront of the telly and watching ghost world. and tomorrow will be pyjama day. i just want to lie around, eat cereal, do some reading, and be lazy. we'll see if that actually happens.

i'm in a really splendid mood today, and i can't figure out why that is.
i'm very content.

you can be my friend
you can be my dog
you can be my light
you can be my fog

- sparklehorse, apple bed