12.15.2005

say it isn't so.
i have been humming christmas carols lately... i hate christmas carols. they are the worst. THE worst. that being said... i've found some touching indie covers of christmas carols and original christmas songs by the likes of the flaming lips and the walkmen. i'm slowly dipping my toes into the christmas spirit. the roomie set up the nativity scene last night. i fucking love nativity scenes and the baby jesus. now, this may seem strange to some of you... apparently it is strange. my love for nativity scenes yet my overall indifference to religion right now in general. but you know what? nativity scenes remind me of unpacking christmas decorations... of spending an afternoon with my mom, arranging the cattle and mary and joseph on our dining room table. nativity scenes are little and great. they make me happier than is socially acceptable.

so boston was great. travelling is always inspiring. i feel like i am bursting with new inspiration and ideas... there are post-it notes all around my desk... i bought a new notebook... yet i can't put things into words yet. maybe i'll tell you some snippits of boston soon. maybe.

and i miss the boy... perhaps more than i was expecting. but can't let him know.