11.26.2005

it's all just so fucking beautiful.
last night, i drank lots of booze. i danced and i danced. i decided not to care what i looked like. i was feeling unattractive and unwanted... and it was nice to spend the night goofing around on the dance floor with an attractive stranger. i needed that. i needed to not care what his name was. to have him sing interpol lyrics into my ear. i needed that temporary connection with someone. there's something kind of incredible about all the different ways we can connect with each other. their varying depths, meanings, time frames... and there's something to be said about being satisfied with what you get. everything is... what it is. i think i'm still learning this... slowly.

you me, you me and the weather
you me, you me and the storm
you me, you me here together
you me, you me safe and warm
you me, we've got things together
you me, we've both been warned of all that could happen
two lovers that tug on the reigns end

~ hawksley.