3.23.2003

after this there will be no one
after this there will be so many good ones

1. the other day at work, a boy, his friend, and his mom came in. what struck me about the three was the boy's resemblance to a man. something about the way he carried himself was almost erie. he was young... but when we would make eye contact... i felt like i could see too much of him, if that makes any sense. i was almost creeped out and saddened at the same time by the way he... was. (he went on to have a rather interesting conversation with his mom about how "cinderella cheats on the prince" but his mom just shook her head through most of his rambling)

2. it weirds me out to watch pregnant women. well, more lately than ever before. i watched a pregnant woman the other day. she was carrying on as if she wasn't holding a child inside her. as if her uterus wasn't craddling a tiny person. she was acting completely normal. maybe i'm the weird one... but if i ever get pregnant... god, i will probably be the most annoying pregnant person in the history of pregnant people. i would not be able to carry on as if nothing was going on. i would be constantly amazed at my body and the life inside of it. i would not be able to continue on with day to day chores and such. i would sit in my room taking pictures of myself, painting... and simply staring at my body... feeling the baby kick... hell, dancing with myself even. i don't know. yes, perhaps i would have to continue on with the inanity of life... still walk around a mall as if nothing was going on... i suppose i would have to. but i would have to do it while holding a sign above my head that read "my god, look at me. i am amazing."

pregnancy leaves me in awe. pregnant women leave me in awe. something about the way that pregnant women can carry on without being completely self-absorbed (like i would be) really amazes me.